Consumer Workers’ Annual Forum
2013 Consumer Workers’ Annual Forum
The NSW Consumer Workers Forum is an annual event that provides targeted professional development to the mental health public consumer workforce. This year the event will take place over two days: Thursday 28th and Friday 29th November at the Northern Sydney Education Centre on the grounds of Macquarie Hospital (Building 14 - The Drive, Wicks Road, North Ryde) from 9am-5pm on both days.
The forum will be a fantastic opportunity to bring together consumer workers within the public Mental Health System to share best practice, knowledge and expertise to enhance services throughout the State.
Agenda highlights for this forum include:
- Keynotes: by John Feneley Mental Health Commissioner of NSW and Representative from MHDAO
- LHD Presentations: To identify, celebrate and share best practice
- A Benchmarking Seminar with Joanne Sharpe from InforMH,
- Self-care for the Consumer Worker with Janelle Abbott, and
- A range of workshops on topics including decreasing Seclusion and Restraint, the role of Police Liaison and Professional Boundaries.
All NSW Consumer workers working in the Public Mental Health Service are invited to attend this event and should have received an email which they were asked to let NSWCAG know if they would be attending. If you have not replied please can you speak to Reena Masrani at NSWCAG on 02 9332 0227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Reena if you have any other queries regarding the event.